Wednesday, 20 August 2008

A sign?

Back in business?

Well I took a holiday from the Blog, largley because of the workload crisis caused by Leeds, so it is perhaps appropriate that the most interesting feedback I have had from my Blog has come from that same Yorkshire City. Remember this sign post, I bumped into on my first trip to Leeds - features in an earlier Blog?

Seemed like a pretty strange thing to put in the city centre, especially when it is so far from the sea. Well the truth is even stranger. Apparently it is a quote from the bible (Luke).

Leslie, who has been a trusty intermediary at Leeds, between HUBSolutions and the Leeds ALMOs sent me this fascinating piece of research.

"I was having a look on your website to see if I could find anything about the user groups - we're going to set up an internal user group here for Caseworks.

I got sucked into the blog & came across a question about the throw yourself into the sea signpost. Please see below, if you're still curious. Two Christian artists, Pippa Hale and Stuart Tarbuck, have been posting unusual lines from the Bible around Leeds to mark a city-side festival of the visual arts. Their project is called Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin -- words from the story told in Daniel (Daniel 5: 25-30) which appeared on King Belshazzar's palace wall and warned him of his impending death. There are 13 of these Biblical quotes, which include some of Jesus's sayings, posted on signposts, paving stones, park benches, shop widows and billboards. The public are likely to be taken aback by some of the lines chosen, which include: "Go throw yourself into the sea," and "Blessed are the breasts". The latter is taken from Luke 23: 29: â??Blessed are the barren women, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed,â?? (NIV). Outside Toni and Guy's, a fashionable hair salon in one busy shopping street, appear the words:

"The hairs on your head are numbered".

So now you know! Lesley Aird"

Oh, and by the way in just three months Leeds have entered several hundred cases, and yes it is the time of the year to plan the next Northern User Group.

Thanks Leslie for getting me back into Blog mode - feedback makes it all worthwhile!

No comments: