Sunday, 11 October 2009

What a week... and congratulations to Riverside

What a week, and probably worth a Blog, partly because people who have emailed me may have wondered where I was, and partly because the various meetings I had were important for HUBSolutions and its customers.

Monday, witnessed a meeting with Capita plc in Victoria, to plan a proposal we are making jointly to the DWP. Relevance to Caseworks? Well the reality is that for much of the last 10 years, Caseworks development has been subsidised by work on Revenues and Benefits.

Tuesday, got off to an early start (5:30 am) to get to the HITEX exhibition in York. A lovely venue, loads of stands, but not enough visitors. However, we made one good contact, which may yet lead to developments for Caseworks, as the approach was from an IT Department of a RSL with a very specific technical view.

Wednesday, 10am, and I was in Accrington, discussing future enhancements with my Think Tank, David Perry. In just a couple of hours we had planned the Fire Safety Checks enhancement to Estate Management, specified the proposed new Project Module, and set a date for the Estate Management User Group.

Thursday, 10am and I had driven to Glasgow and was discussing the new Mediation Module with the Mediation Team from South Lanarkshire Council. Very worthwhile hammering out of detail, which has given me another couple of weeks of work. Then a quick chat with Lynn about South Lanarkshire's statistics, and a short drive to East Dunbartonshire for a follow-on demo about the Estate Management Module in the afternoon.

Firday, was another early start, and (as it wasnt quite early enough), as very fast drive down the M6 to Liverpool to meet Riverside Housing Group. This was another very worhtwhile meeting, which has also given me two weeks of work to do to complete their upgrade. Best of all, they are keen to come to the Estate Management User Group meeting, I had arranged two days earlier. Also, congratulations to Riverside for winning the Social Landlord of the Year Award.




At the end of the week, I felt that quite a lot had been achieved. Maybe driving 1,500 miles wasnt the best way to preserve the environment however. Back to the trains next week I think!

No comments: