Monday, 9 February 2009

ASB in the Caribbean?

Some readers will know, I am currently on holiday -
in St Kitts in the Caribbean. However, I am always on the lookout for evidence of ASB which might offer market opportunities for Caseworks.

On the face of it, the West Indies does not have a very noticeable problem, but I found this poster in several places in the capital, which maybe indicates there is an issue about what young people do with their free time.

I like the slogan "Get on bikes, not in fights" - maybe one of the British Local Authorities might like to adopt it.

Anyway, later in my travels I came to a painted rock which served as a reminder that graffiti is as old as the hills. Sometimes, with the passage of time, people view the things rather differently and see the establishment as the bad guys.

This is a drawing on a piece of rock by the Carib Indians (who were largely slaughtered by the French and English in St Kitts)




No comments: