Wednesday, 30 January 2008

QUICK fix for Lewisham

I’m sure all of you are aware that we are a small company, and as such at HUB we need to all pull together to get the job done – its not possible to refer the problem to another department, there isn’t one.

As such even though most of my job is people facing; training staff, engaging in consultancy and doing all of the correspondence and documentation that surrounds this, when someone has a technical problem and I can help, I chip in rather than passing it along to the techies who already have their hands full. Hopefully this also results in the customer getting their problem solved a little faster.

So when yesterday I had an email from a manager at Lewisham saying that despite their best efforts they could not get two of their users into Caseworks I felt like I should see what I could to resolve the problem – only thing was I also had to leave to catch a flight to Scotland (N Ayrshire now and then the user group on Friday). Half an hour before I had to leave, seemed like just enough time.

Turned out the Server and Caseworks had got out of step so the manager at Lewisham was having little success changing their users password (if anyone else out there has experienced this it’s something that becomes less likely with the latest versions of Caseworks). So I logged in and refreshed the users recreating their logins on the server and checking they now worked before dashing out the door.

I had this word of thanks from the manager, ‘You’re worth every penny they pay you!!!’

For obvious reasons I thought I should blog this, I wouldn’t want the boss to think he was paying me too much…….

No comments: